2022 Arc Angel Tree
This holiday season, as you shop for the special people in your life, we ask you to consider adding an Arc Angel to your list. For the hundreds of individuals without family, the magic of Christmas morning would not be possible without the generosity of community members like you. You can be a part of the indescribable joy that gifts under the tree bring to the people we serve.
The Arc of Central Alabama is a place to call home for over 325 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, ranging in age from 12-82. Sadly, 75% of our residents do not have an active family member or caregiver in their lives. More than 94 community-integrated homes make up The Arc’s Residential Program, providing necessities like food, medicine, clothing, transportation and more, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Arc homes also provide the important intangibles of life like security, comfort, dignity and relationships that many of us take for granted.
How It Works
How Does Arc Angel Tree Work?
- Forms are sent to each Arc-supported home and participants (Angels) tell us about themselves and a list of their needs and or/ wishes.
- Santa’s elves receive the forms back at our Crestwood workshop where the information is organized for you (adopter).
- Angel tags are printed for each individual and placed on community Angel Trees at local companies and organizations. To accommodate everyone, we also offer the form below for you to be emailed an Angel.
- Generous donors select Angels, purchase gifts, and return them to the Angel Tree location or Crestwood workshop by the given deadline on each tag.
- Upon their return, the gifts are organized and wrapped by Santa’s volunteer elves, and then picked up or delivered to the Angel.
How You Can Help
ADOPT AN ANGEL ONLINE
Shop for an angel based on age, gender and wish list, and return unwrapped gifts to Crestwood workshop or the Angel Tree location.
ADOPT AN ANGEL IN-PERSON
Several local businesses have partnered with us to host trees for their employees, dedicated clientele, and walk-ins to adopt angels. Check back with us as locations are added for Arc Angel Tree Tags.
VOLUNTEER TO GIFT WRAP
Help us provide the joy that unwrapping a gift on Christmas morning can bring by attending one or more of our gift wrapping sessions December 13th – December 15th. Fill out the form below to add your name to our volunteer list.
Arc Angel Tree FAQs
Angel Tree FAQs
Where do I return unwrapped gifts for the Angel(s) I adopted?
Returned unwrapped gifts to an Angel Tree location listed above or either of the locations below.
Jefferson County – The Arc’s Crestwood Campus, 6001 Crestwood Blvd., Birmingham, AL 35212
Blount County – The Arc’s Blount County Day Program, 615 Fairground Avenue, Oneonta, AL 35121
Is there a set amount I am suppose to spend on gifts?
There is no set amount when purchasing items off your Angel’s list. We simply appreciate your generous heart in what you provide. However, to give donors an example, we suggest 7-10 gifts per angel for them to unwrap.
Are there other ways I can help The Arc Residential Program this Christmas?
Make a monetary donation on our Donation Page to help us cover costs for an Angel that doesn’t get adopted. Also, don’t forget to choose our organization when you make purchases through AmazonSmile and a portion will be donated back to us.
Questions & Comments
We look forward to hearing from you!
Email email@example.com and one of Santa’s elves will get back to you soon!