The Arc of Central Alabama is a place to call home for over 325 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, ranging in age from 12-82. Sadly, 75% of our residents do not have an active family member or caregiver in their lives. 88 community-integrated homes make up The Arc’s Residential Program, providing necessities like food, medicine, clothing, transportation and more, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Arc homes also provide the important intangibles of life like security, comfort, dignity and relationships that many of us take for granted.
This holiday season, as you shop for the special people in your life, we ask you to consider adding an Arc Angel to your list. For the hundreds of individuals without family, the magic of Christmas morning would not be possible without the generosity of community members like you. You can be a part of the indescribable joy that gifts under the tree bring to the people we serve. There is no set amount when purchasing items off your angel’s list. We simply appreciate your generous heart in what you can provide.
How You Can Help:
1. Adopt an Angel: Pick an angel from a tree at one of the local businesses listed below, shop for that person based on their age, gender and wish list, and return unwrapped gifts to the location of the tree.
Jefferson County Locations
Harbin Crestline (57 Church Street, Mountain Brook, AL 35213)
Harbin Downtown (521 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. S, Birmingham, AL 35233)
Tyner’s Pharmacy (5616 Chalkville Mountain Road, Birmingham, AL 35235)
Blount County Locations
Miller’s Soda Shoppe (212 1st Avenue East, Oneonta, AL 35121)
Drayer Physical Therapy (410 2nd Avenue East, Suite C, Oneonta, AL 35121)
2. Adopt a Classroom Stocking: Due to an increased demand for angels in Jefferson County we now have stockings available that people can adopt. These donations will help stock our day program classes. Items needed are flashcards, puzzles, crafts, etc. The Arc’s Day Program provides education, community integration, and social interaction to more than 390 adults with IDD. Email Ashton at email@example.com to get your’s today!
3. Host a Wish List Drive: If you are a company, church, or community organization interested in holding a wish list drive to help provide fillers (DVDs, CDs, toiletry sets, blankets, gloves, hats, etc.), please contact Ashton Johnson.
4. Give through Amazon: Apart from adopting an angel or participating in the wish list drive, you can purchase items from our AmazonSmile Arc Angel Christmas List. These gifts will be sent to us directly and given to our angels. Also, don’t forget to choose our organization when you make purchases through AmazonSmile and a portion will be donated to back to us!
5. Volunteer to Gift Wrap: Help us provide the joy that unwrapping a gift on Christmas morning can bring by attending one of the gift wrapping nights below.
Monday, December 16th, 5:00 – 8:00 PM Sign up here!
Tuesday, December 17th, 5:00 – 8:00 PM Sign up here!